Monday, July 20, 2015

1977

1977, standing in front of a movie theater, holding my dad’s hand waiting to get in to see Star Wars. I was 10 at the time. Little did I know that in the next few hours my imagination would go from 0 to 1000. What was about to infiltrate my 10 year old brain was beyond comprehension. To put it in T-7 terms “Mind = blown”! How many books have I read? How many games have I played? How many times have I watched and re-watched all the movies, in a row? How many web sites have I gone to? All the magazine articles I have read.

                The reason I bring this up is, I started to look at the 1000+ screen shots I have taken with my Collector’s Edition camera in SW:TOR. I was surprised that there were so many. I took pictures on every planet that I visited and took pictures of just about everything on those planets. Building, signs, companions, iconic characters, water, trees and even pipes. Pipes?? At one point I must have thought it was interesting. The many memories of the last few years are all kept in those shots. They remind me of the reason I truly love Star Wars: The Old Republic. It’s a beautiful and amazing game. So many plot twists and turns. The many iconic moments in every story. I never get bored of it.

                Now, with the new expansion, Knights of the Fallen Empire, everything is changing. I don’t fear change, it can be very good. Honestly, after the announcement I have seen an influx of people coming back or playing for the first time. On all the planets you always hear, “Just coming back after watching the new trailer, looks like it’s going to be great”. The new/returning players are pretty pumped to see what’s in store. BioWare is getting back to its root of storytelling. And I must admit, I’m really excited. Nothing grabbed my attention like the story did. Not Operations, not Flashpoints and not PvP. Looking back at all those screen shots, I could tell you what part of the story I was in. I could remember how it felt to be in that moment, at that time. Forging my first light saber, being betrayed, not once but twice, watching your old Master die, or reveling in killing your old Master, watching your ship fly off without you. I could go on.

                I believe that the new story is going to be great. I can’t wait to make meaningful choices. I look forward to being surprised by what happens next. I eagerly await October so a new chapter can begin, in all of my characters stories.


Thanks for reading and may The Force be with you, always.








No comments:

Post a Comment