Thursday, July 9, 2015

Questions Questions Questions

I know I said I was going to talk about the Sith Warrior companions but I really wanted to get this off my chest.

With the announcement of the new expansion, Knights of the Fallen Empire, many questions have come to my mind. A lot of confusion swirls around the expansion and we aren’t getting a lot of answers. As I have said before, I love speculating so I’m not sure I really want to know the answers to the questions I have. I worry that it will take away from the excitement and experience of playing through the chapters the first few times. Do I really want to know what happens to every companion in my crew? Is knowing now what has happened to Vitiate going to spoil the story? Why do I need to know how and why I get put into carbonite? How does Lana find and de-thaw me? I could go on but I think you get the point.

When SWTOR first came out I saw things on the web that spoiled some of the story for me. I regret that. As excited as I was for the game to come out, I tried to find any and all information I could to devour. I forgot the one thing that I was looking forward to the most, the unknown. The unknown excited me, made my anticipation grow and grow. But seeing that stuff almost ruined it for me. I got to the point that I stopped looking, and only read the official BioWare reveals. And that was just enough to keep me going until I got into the BETA.

Having said that I really only want to know one thing about SWTOR and its future with KotFE. What is happening to the MMO aspect of the game? They have said they are concentration on story at this time, but how much does that take away for the group content? One of the reason I play this game is because for the most part, the community is great. I have fun talking and hanging out with them. I don’t want to lose that. I don’t want to run around a station and see nobody else. If I am going to pay for what is supposed to be an MMORPG then I need to know that, that’s still going to a big part of the game. In the coming weeks I sincerely hope that BW drops the “MMO bits” they have talked about to ease my concerns.

Thanks for reading and please let me know what you think!!


May They Force Be With You    Always

No comments:

Post a Comment